July 28, 2020

My beautiful wife, often said Jai



Don't say again, "I stay at home, I do nothing," he said in a determined tone.



Rashi smiled and nodded she won't.



It was an event she always looked forward to every year, she would meet Jai's friends. The yearly ritual of getting together with his colleagues and their spouses was a moment to look eagerly to, the evenings so fine, draped in their elegant best. She made a lovely updo, wore a silver and blue silk saree, and adorned her charming best for Jai's annual meet.




Said Jai, while making a left turn, "It hurts when you say you do nothing". Amidst Mumbai traffic, they happened to pass through a lush green trail of trees. While Jagjit Singh ruled the music player in the background at a lower volume, they both talked at length, occasionally reminding each other of their love for each other.



Jai still didn't feel like shunning away from the topic, and again reminded his beautiful wife of her value to his life"You turn cash into the crop I eat, you keep a check on my deadlines, you remind me about our monthly bills, you never make those PPFs suffer the penalty, however small it is. You go to and fro for picks and drops of younger one's academy, you do it all so seamlessly"


"I am just generally curious and habitually meticulous," said Rashi, being her modest self as always.


Reassures Jai, "I come home from work and go flat on my ceaseless linen, is because you 'do everything' and 'not nothing'. You do everything which is not visible, you are my force, my behind the scenes".

No comments:

Post a Comment