July 8, 2020

Beloved to the Cigarette Smoker

             
 Hey Love!
                                                                                                                    
I passed by at five-thirty in the morning
Image Source: Pinterest
Image Source: Pinterest
Outside your window to smell you a bit                               
All I sniffed was the cigarette smoke
Coming out from your white window

I took a U-turn again
Couldn't knock your door
Decided to leave you in Ecstacy
inhaling the scent from your cigarette

Crossing your block, my eyes turned wet
No, I wasn’t crying, I choked off the smoke

Hey Love!
Why don’t you love me?
Why don't you spoil me?
Like you are spoilt, by that cigarette?

Every step I took
I thought, why couldn’t you materialize those rings
I want no more the circles of smoke, 
but a ring slipped in my left finger

I stopped by a dreamy peach fence
Beheld a couple 
lost in each other, sipping their morning tea
My heart skipped a beat,

Dreaming why won’t you kiss me?
Like you stick mouth to your cigarette?


 Hey Love!
Conquering my head, are these wild thoughts
Open your eyes once,
look through the cloud of smoke
I was there, I am there and I ‘ll be there

Hey Love!

You go back to your cigarette every time
you quit it a thousand times,
for not more than a minute though

But tossed me away, like the leftover ash
think of me, as your cigarette


would you not come back?
just once more?






No comments:

Post a Comment